Autonomous driving will not totally avoid vehicle accidents.
Challenges in functional testing: from sensors to sensor systems.
- How should we understand and simulate the vehicle safety architecture for automated driving?
- Future vehicle interior will require new restraint deployment strategies: How could a functional testing approach holistically cover the pre-crash phase and passive safety features?
- What about an integrally simulation approach for functional testing starting at the earliest vehicle concept phase?
- How can we reduce the amount of real tests with pre-series vehicle prototypes in the product development process?
- The vehicle must undergo homologation before it is approved: How can look like a virtual release process and a simulation framework?