Safety is fundamental for the deployment of autonomous vehicles. Operational safety means that the system will continue to operate for a determined length ot time despite some component failure or undexpected disturbances. It is different to the notion of fail-safe when a system once failure occurs.
- What could it be the strategy to develop Operational Safey Autonomous Vehicles?
- Are current AV architectures addressing operational-safe architectures?
- Robustness implies redundancy at the system level? What does it mean? How to achieve it? Cost issues?
- Is there the need for a regulatory safety policy that should lead to compulsory operational safety – systems?
- Operational Safety implies Social acceptability for autonomous vehicles. Can we as industry define the expectations as it might be the key for massive adoption?