Due to ISO 26262, software safety has been a trend topic, especially when related to autonomous driving. The main problem in this case is that due to the complexity of software systems, it is very difficult to establish a relationship between faults and effects at this level. A minor fault could lead to a crash of the entire system. It is not clear how much effort should be expended on measures and improvement; Therefore, OEMs and Suppliers usually face a dilemma: When and what is it enough to ensure safety on software level?
- How to include safety into the development of AV software at an early stage?
- How to develop guidelines or best practices for automotive system safety analysis?
- Would the related standards measures alone ensure that the software is safe enough?
- How to assess completeness and correctness of software analysis?
- How to assure safety on software that is integrated on environment that integrates neural networks (AI)?